Hope you enjoy reading my blog.
I'd love to hear what you think so please leave comments.
Please subscribe to my RSS feed to stay up to date with my blog.


Sunday 29 November 2009

Fear of Failure

Have you ever been really disappointed with yourself?

Personally I'm a bit of a perfectionist, as those who work with me will tell you. I expect perfection from myself in everything I do, work related and everything else. Realistically that is very difficult for me to ever achieve. After all there has only ever been one person on earth who has ever been perfect...and that was Jesus!

I know I put pressure on myself to achieve perfection and in so doing can make myself frightened of "getting it wrong", of failing. Do you fear failure? I know it can be scary but there is nothing wrong with wanting to be perfect, that after all is God's ultimate target for each of us...to be like Jesus.

That's an incredibly high standard to live up to, but don't worry God knows we are not perfect, and we fail Him, and that is why He has promised to forgive us of everything we do wrong, of all our sins.

Psalm 34:22 (NIV)
But the Lord will redeem those who serve Him.
Everyone who trusts in Him will be freely pardoned.


Are you in need of forgiveness? Relief from guilt? Freedom from the fear of failure?

Ask the Lord to forgive you and set you free. Your path to freedom and to ultimately be like Jesus, must begin on your knees, at His feet!



Checkout the David Crowder Band website:
http://www.davidcrowderband.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment