Hope you enjoy reading my blog.
I'd love to hear what you think so please leave comments.
Please subscribe to my RSS feed to stay up to date with my blog.


Thursday 26 November 2009

Watchtower

When your struggling through difficult times in your life, who do you turn to?

Within the bible we're told that Habakkuk had somewhere to go and someone to listen to him when he was perplexed. He went to his "watchtower", his place of prayer, where he was confident that God would meet him and give him some answers.

Habakkuk 2:1 NIV
What's God going to say to my questions? I'm braced for the worst. I'll climb to the lookout tower and scan the horizon. I'll wait to see what God says, how he'll answer my complaint.

We don't need to be a prophet like Habakkuk to have a watchtower. We can be a mother, a father, a wife, a husband, an executive, a homemaker, an MP or a homeless person...in fact it doesn't matter who we are, God has made a watchtower for each us us so that we can climb into it whenever we want. From that watchtower (place of prayer) we can begin to see what God sees and we can wait for Him to answer our questions.

God doesn't always answer us directly, He often sends us messengers in different forms. He may send us His message through the words of a friend, a minister, book, radio or TV.

When we believe in God we have somewhere to go and someone to listen to us, our watchtower or place of pray where we can wait on God to answer our questions and give us rest from our frustrations.

Sometimes all we need is someone to talk to. It may not change the direct our life is going in but may just remind us we're not going through it on our own.


The Answer to the Question by Tree63
I'm growing tired of a mouth shut tight
when all I want to do is tell the whole world
about the Man sitting at the right
hand of the One in Heaven
how could I sing about anything but Him

He is the answer to the question
He is the cure for the infection
He is all He says He is
He is the ultimate reflection
of holiness and true perfection
He is all He says He is

How can I not cry watching as the
world dies without a prayer
They look to their own construction
bound to the living God of Earth and Heaven
How could they sing about everything but Him, yeah, yeah

He is the answer to the question
He is the cure for the infection
He is all He says He is
He is the ultimate reflection
of holiness and true perfection
He is all He says He is

I'm so tired of a mouth shut tight
All I want to do is tell the whole world
about the man sitting at the right
hand of the One in Heaven
How could I sing about anything but Him

He is the answer to the question
He is the cure for the infection
He is all He says He is
He is the ultimate reflection
of holiness and true perfection
He is all He says He is



Checkout the Tree63 website: http://www.tree63.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment