Hope you enjoy reading my blog.
I'd love to hear what you think so please leave comments.
Please subscribe to my RSS feed to stay up to date with my blog.


Sunday 22 November 2009

It's Free!

Do you believe you can get something for nothing?
Are you sceptical when someone tells you you can have something for nothing?


It's true I'm sure that there are some things in life that you can get free of charge. Well that includes salvation, as God tells us:

The Spirit and the bride say, "Come!" And let him who hears say, "Come!" Whoever is thirsty, let him come; and whoever wishes, let him take the free gift of the water of life.
Revelation 22:17 (NIV)
Please do not be sceptical, although eternal life does not come to us for free, it simply means that someone has to pay the price...and that someone was Jesus! He has paid the ultimate price for us on the cross - "He paid a debt he did not owe; I owed a debt I could not pay".

When we accept Jesus as our saviour, God transferred our sins to his account. In other words our debt is taken from us because Jesus paid our debt in full! And that is why He can offer us eternal life free of charge!

So stop trying to pay the debt yourself, just come to God.



Come is such a simply word but it's the only one required to invite you to God...Come!

I found this simply prayer on the internet, please use it to invite God into your life today:
Lord, I'm coming, I'm coming to Christ. I'm coming to say I'm sorry that you had to die to pay the punishment for sins you didn't commit - mine! Thank you, Lord Jesus. Lord, I'm coming. I'm coming to say I'm done with trying to "buy" influence with you. I've run out of currency - I'm bankrupt. "nothing in my hands I bring. Simply to your cross I cling". Jesus, I've come - here I am - forgive me, come into my heart, enter my life, and give me eternal life. Thank you Lord Jesus! Amen


Everything God has done was just so you would come to Him...


No comments:

Post a Comment