Hope you enjoy reading my blog.
I'd love to hear what you think so please leave comments.
Please subscribe to my RSS feed to stay up to date with my blog.


Friday 11 December 2009

Listen

Have you ever cried so hard and for so long that you've been blinded to help that is right under your nose? When we find ourselves having "a good cry", it does sometimes help us feel a little better afterwards, and that's often just from the release of all the built up emotions we've been experiencing.

We must never be too busy crying, to pray. I for one know that that is often when it's most difficult to find the words to pray - I've been there - and still am - and in some deep moments of despair, I've felt God hasn't been there for me. However, I've never completely let go of my faith, so I have kept on trying to pray, unsuccessfully for a long time, but eventually through my tears, a few words of prayer came...and what a relief those words were too! But throughout these time I do try to listen for God speaking to me and directing me as that is what makes it all so reassuring.
God doesn't ignore us in our time of need, while we're having a "good cry", he's there right beside then just as he is every other day.


So next time you find yourself too busy crying that you can't pray? Listen for God voice and dry your tears. Our tears and cries will only block out our ability to hear God speaking to us. God is waiting to show us the solution to our problem.

Don't think I'm making light in any way of days when you feel you can't cope and can't stop crying, as I most certainly am not. I have been there (and as I indicated earlier, still am) and been unable to stop my tears from falling and been unable to pray. It is not easy to be quiet long enough to just listen to God, but believe me, if you do it, He will help you cope so much better. Have faith in God and listen to Him.


God Speaking by Ronnie Freeman shows us some of the situations God might try to speak to us - Just remember to listen


No comments:

Post a Comment