Hope you enjoy reading my blog.
I'd love to hear what you think so please leave comments.
Please subscribe to my RSS feed to stay up to date with my blog.


Sunday 20 December 2009

Struggling At Christmas


I make no apology for share the above song with you today, as it although Christmas should be a time a great joy for Christians around the world, as we celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ, it is also a time when traditionally we spend time with our families. So please don't get so caught up in Christmas that you forget those struggling to pull themselves though each day of this Christmas period when all can seem so very bleak for some.

So today I'd ask that you take some time out from the build up to Christmas to think about and pray for those who might be finding Christmas difficult this year for family reasons:

  • Those with no family;
  • Those whose family are hundreds or thousands of miles away;
  • Those who have loved ones in hospital;
  • Those who have loved ones for whom this may be their last Christmas due to serious illness or age;
  • Those who themselves are ill and unable to share with their family on Christmas.

For those in any of these situations, Christmas can be a very depressing time, a very lonely time, when it seems you are forgotten and alone. But these are times when we need to remember God is with us at all times and can make the darkest of times bright again.

Please pray for those struggling this Christmas and if you are one of those struggling, turn to God, He can give you the strength to face Christmas as without Him there wouldn't be any Christmas.

Can't Live Without You
You found me here
I'm barely breathing
You picked me up
But I'm still wanting more

You're the ocean deep
I'm in up to my knees
Wanting desperately to drown
You're the one bright part
Of my languid heart
You're the love I cannot live without
I cannot live without

Please hold me close
I can't stop shaking
It's not for fear
My walls are breaking down

You're the ocean deep
I'm in up to my knees
Wanting desperately to drown
You're the one bright part
Of my languid heart
You're the love I cannot live without
I can't live without

I can't live without you
I can't live without you
And I cannot live without you
Can you hold on, can you hold on
Can you hold on, because you hold everything

You're the ocean deep
I'm in up to my knees
Wanting desperately to drown
You're the one bright part
Of my languid heart
You're the love I cannot live without
I can't live without you
I can't live without you

Please checkout Bebo Norman's website: http://www.bebonorman.com/index.html

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very timely. Thanks for sharing this. Pamela preached at a 'Blue Christmas' service at our local Anglican church this evening.

Post a Comment