Hope you enjoy reading my blog.
I'd love to hear what you think so please leave comments.
Please subscribe to my RSS feed to stay up to date with my blog.


Monday 11 January 2010

A Matter of Trust

I realised yesterday after I published yesterday's blog post that I'd used the same bible text twice within a matter of days!

So what text was this? It was Psalm 9:10 from the New International bible:

Those who know your name will trust in you, for you, LORD, have never forsaken those who seek you.
I've now looked up this version in several other translations just to compare what they say:
In The Message, verses 9 and 10 says
God's a safe-house for the battered, a sanctuary during bad times. The moment you arrive, you relax; you're never sorry you knocked.
This is my favourite translation as it's just so down to earth and the language is just as we'd use if we had just popped into a friends house!

The New Living Translation says

Those who know your name trust in you, for you, O Lord, do not abandon those who search for you
And finally, the Contemporary English Version says
Everyone who honors your name can trust you, because you are faithful to all who depend on you.
As you can see, regardless of the translation you look at, the same word appears...trust.

So, it would seem that I've been thinking a lot about trust lately. Maybe it's because I've ben feeling quite vulnerable in the last while, as well as struggling physically and emotionally at times too.

No matter what has come my way over the last few weeks, months and years - some including some very dark times - it has been my trust in God that has kept me going more than anyone or anything else.

Ensure you can cope with all everything that comes your way by trusting God, He can be all you need in every situation - I can testify to that!

No comments:

Post a Comment