Hope you enjoy reading my blog.
I'd love to hear what you think so please leave comments.
Please subscribe to my RSS feed to stay up to date with my blog.


Friday 15 January 2010

Please and Thank You

When we're young we are taught to say "please" and "thank you". I remember a number of occassions being prevented from getting whatever it was I'd asked for, because I'd not said "the magic word"! Do you have similar memories?

All those times have done their job though, as I'd say I definitely say "please" and "thank you" whenever I'm asking someone for something, or I'm given something.

But wait a minute, do I really always say "please" and "thank you"? Well I do always say thank you to those around me, but now I stop and think about it, there is one person I very often take for granted and never say "thank you" to, although I often say "please" to them as I'm often asking for so much from them...and who is that?

I'm sure you've realised by now I'm talking about God. How many times today have you said "thank you" to God? What about this week, how many time have you thanked God for all He does for you?

Now count how many times you've said "please" to God today when you've been asking Him for something? And what about in the last week, how many times have you asked God for something?

If you're anything like me, you'll probably find the "please's" far outnumber the "thank you's"!

Do something about that now, say "thank you God" for all God has done for you, and for all He continues to do for you.

Give God the Glory He truly deserves.




My Tribute (To God be the Glory) - Sissel and the Oslo Gospel Choir
How can I say thanks
For the things you have done for me
Things so undeserved
Yet You gave to prove your love for me
The voices of a million angels
Could not express my gratitude
All that I am and ever hope to be
I owe it all to thee




To God be the glory, to God be the glory
To God be the glory,
For the things He has done
With His blood He has saved me
With His power He has raised me
To God be the glory,
For the things He has done




Just let me live my life
And let it be pleasing Lord to thee
And should I gain any praise
Let it go to Calvary




With His blood He has saved me
With His power He has raised me
To God be the glory
For the things He has done




To God be the glory, to God be the glory
To God be the glory,
For the things He has done
With His blood He has saved me
With His power He has raised me
To God be the glory,
For the things He has done

No comments:

Post a Comment