Hope you enjoy reading my blog.
I'd love to hear what you think so please leave comments.
Please subscribe to my RSS feed to stay up to date with my blog.


Monday 4 January 2010

Plans

Well I've had one of those days when I did absolutely nothing I intended to, or planned to do. Today was the last day of our Christmas/new Year holidays as both my husband and me go back to work tomorrow. We had planned after a long lie to venture out somewhere however before midday our plans were turned upside-down.

To cut a long story short, I ended up at the hospital with my Mum and Dad from about midday till after 6pm, as my Dad had a fall this morning.


However what I wanted to mention was that several times today Mum said to me "it's just as well we don't know what each day holds". Sitting in the A&E of one of the busy Glasgow hospitals, you see some sights which make you very thankfull for the health we have - today was a particularly busy day at that A&E and I saw a number of very seriously ill people.

My Mum is right, it is just as well we don't know what lies ahead of us each day, or we may not have the courage to face it!

So today I'd just like to say, don't be afraid of what the future holds, God is with you. If ever you feel very low just think of those much worse off than yourself, and thank God for the things you do have.

I know I've used the following song before, but the words of it have been going through my mind all day and they fit in perfectly with how my day has gone...I'm In His Hands...

No comments:

Post a Comment