Hope you enjoy reading my blog.
I'd love to hear what you think so please leave comments.
Please subscribe to my RSS feed to stay up to date with my blog.


Tuesday 21 April 2009

Back To Basics

We live in a world where everything seems to have to be done now and things move at 100 miles an hour. I don't know about you but, I sometimes find I never get a chance to stop for a few minutes and take a breath.

We must be careful that as we rush through our days, we take the time to stop and listen to God. After all if we carry on rushing about doing lots of things without taking the time to listen to God, how do we know we're doing what God wants us to do?

I am by no means saying we should stop what we are doing, I'm just suggesting that maybe we need to stop for a minute or two between tasks/activities to listen to God directing us and simply remember what it's all about, why we worship Jesus. i.e. we need to get back to the basics of praying and listening to God. After all if we forget the basics (i.e. God) we will never succeed.

God must remain at the heart of our worship.

As you go about your daily tasks/activities, please remember to pause for a moment to talk with God. Only with God at the heart of what we do will we succeed!


Once again I'd like to leave you with a powerful presentation of the well known worship song "The Heart of Worship". You'll find this is a slower, more prayerful version than what you're maybe used to, but I make no apology for that as personally I find it particularly good at focusing my thoughts on what's important.

You might also find the story of "The Heart of Worship" helpful too:
http://www.crosswalk.com/1253122/



1 comment:

littlelaughalot said...

Beautiful song and your absolutely right. We rush about like mad doing stuff everyday and sometimes God gets squeezed in or might not even get a look in that day. I think that everyday and in all situations that we should ask for God's direction and wisdom in what we are doing and seek to do.

Keep up the good work and the encouraging words.

Post a Comment