Hope you enjoy reading my blog.
I'd love to hear what you think so please leave comments.
Please subscribe to my RSS feed to stay up to date with my blog.


Monday 27 April 2009

Cancer Prayer Request

I had planned on posting about something entirely different tonight, but having received a prayer request to pray for someone who who has gone back into hospital today for further cancer treatment, it put my other thoughts way to the back of my mind.

Cancer is still one of the major killers in the UK, despite the advances in early diagnosis and treatment methods. I think everyone of us at some time in our lives have either known or known of someone who has been diagnosed with cancer. Many of us will have lost friends or family to cancer.

So today I ask your prayers for Andy who is currently going through a course of chemotherapy to treat cancer in his lungs. In a little over a year he has already had a course of chemo, a knee replacement due to bone cancer and radiotherapy.
Read more about Andy or checkout Andy's own blog.

Please also pray for all who are fighting against cancer and for their families and friends who are supporting them through their illness. In addition pray for the doctors/nurses/hospital staff who care for those with cancer.

And finally, support one of the many cancer charities by giving of your money, your time...whatever you can, every little bit helps.

Thank you. :)

Here are a few of the many cancer charities:

No comments:

Post a Comment