Hope you enjoy reading my blog.
I'd love to hear what you think so please leave comments.
Please subscribe to my RSS feed to stay up to date with my blog.


Tuesday 14 April 2009

Back to Work

Today was my first day back at work after being on leave for just over a week. Like most people after being off, I wished I didn’t have to go back to work today, so it was a bit of an effort to get out of bed this morning.

Having got myself to work, I found myself having to deal with a number of things which always seem to happen/have happened when I go back to work. Are these just things that happen in my office?

  • The mystery of the missing stapler – the one you left in your desk that is now nowhere to be found…and no one claims to have used it!

  • Where are all your pens?

  • Your chair is either:
    - Not at your desk – it’s been moved to someone else’s desk
    - Has been adjusted so the height/tilt etc is not how you like it!

  • There’s a pile of documents/magazines on your desk that aren’t yours, and you didn’t ask for them - it turns out they’ve just been left there because “your desk was free”

  • The coffee “thief” has returned - You seem to have less coffee left than you thought you had been you went on holiday!

  • Your email inbox is full to overflowing and it takes most of the day to work your way through them and determine which are spam, which have been dealt with by someone else, which you need to action and which are purely for information only

  • You have at least one voicemail message from someone telling you they require you to call them urgently, despite your voicemail message indicating you’re on holiday until today

  • And finally, but probably worst of all...your own personal mug has disappeared!

So, is this just my office these things happen in? Any feedback would be much appreciated.

You'll be please to know that by the time I left work tonight I had found my mug...someone had put it in a cupboard in the kitchen beside the "visitor" mugs!!! D'oh!

My mug is a blue version of this...


Despite the pitfalls off returning to work after being off, I know I am one of the lucky ones these days to still have a job to go to. With that in mind I'd ask that today you pray for those who are unemployed and those who are struggling to cope financially in these difficult economic times.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Enjoying the blog. I had one for a while but didn't have time to keep it up with everything else going on!
The joys of going back to work eh?
love olly

Lynne Lee said...

Good to share in your life a little, helps me to get to know you.

Your post reminds me of when I had a paid job. I miss the camaraderie, maybe that's why I enjoy Twitter so much!

We share the same taste in mugs.

Post a Comment