Hope you enjoy reading my blog.
I'd love to hear what you think so please leave comments.
Please subscribe to my RSS feed to stay up to date with my blog.


Tuesday 22 September 2009

It's a Conversation

What do you think of when you hear the word "prayer"?

Someone kneeling in prayer?
God?

Now consider what you think the word prayer means...

Time to talk to God?
Time to ask God for all you need/want?


What about time to listen to God?


John 10:27 (New Living Translation)
My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me.


Not only is prayer our time for reverent petition to God, it's also our time to listen to God talking to us. Prayer should not be a one way monologue with God, it should be two way dialogue between us and God.

How would you feel if one of your friends talked to you all the time, and you never got a chance to speak to them in return?

It wouldn't be very nice would it. Well God is no different, He wants a two way conversation with you so give Him the chance to talk to you...but most importantly be willing and ready to listen to what he wants to say to you!


Remember to be willing and ready to hear what God wants to say to you. Don't make prayer a one way conversation from you to God.

No comments:

Post a Comment