Hope you enjoy reading my blog.
I'd love to hear what you think so please leave comments.
Please subscribe to my RSS feed to stay up to date with my blog.


Tuesday 6 October 2009

A Feeling of Love?

Is love a feeling or is it more than that?

I believe love is more than just a feeling. Jesus said:
I command you to love each other in the same way that I love you - John 15:12.
So love is obviously more than just a feeling.

God requires us to love him and other people is the highest form of love, agape love - love like His. It is a love of the head rather than a love from the heart. A love that is determined to be be concerned first and foremost for the loved ones' well-being in every part of their lives, no matter what the cost is to ourselves or indeed whether that love is returned.

God needs us to love Him and His son. God commands us to love whether we feel like it or not, because we need to demonstrate our love of God. When we serve God our love of God grows.

It is challenging to follow God's command to love one another, but at the end of the day, it's our decision whether we obey God's command or not.

So how do we know that we love God? We know it by being obedient to His will and His commandments.

Those who obey my commandments are the ones who love me - John 14:21
This verse is very reassuring as it's sometime difficult to know whether we truly do love God or not, but these words offer the reassurance that as long as we do God will, we are demonstrating our love for Him.

God love me. God love you.
Love God and others in the same way He loves you.

No comments:

Post a Comment