Hope you enjoy reading my blog.
I'd love to hear what you think so please leave comments.
Please subscribe to my RSS feed to stay up to date with my blog.


Monday 5 October 2009

Peterborough Weekend

I'm in His hands, I'm in His hands,
Whatever the future holds
I'm in His hands.
The days I cannot see
Have all been planned for me;
His way is best you see;
I'm in His hands.


I shared those words with you last week, when I told you of some difficult days ahead for me. Well I've survived those days! It's certainly not been plain sailing but God has certainly held me in His hand during the last few day. I certainly wouldn't have got through them as well as I have without Him!

Our weekend visit to Peterborough Salvation Army was absolutely fantastic, and I'm delighted to say a number of people even knelt at the Mercy Seat during the Sunday morning service which was led by David Kendall. There was great atmosphere in the meeting - God was most certainly there, and working!

Well it was such an emotional meeting for me with Olwyn Mathie singing "Written In Red" which as always she sang so beautifully and with so much feeling, and the congregational song "The Power of Your Love" that both always really touched me, that I fell apart during the meeting and found myself kneeling at the Mercy Seat! I'm still not quite sure how I got myself there!

It was an emotional day for me not just because of the morning service, but during the afternoon service I didn't feel too well again so had to stop playing with band. I really had hoped I'd have managed to get through the weekend pain free, but at least it was the last meeting of the weekend before it happened I suppose.

Thank you God for holding me close these last few days, they've been tough but through your strength I've made it through.
Thank you to all of you who have prayed for me particularly over these last few days - I really do appreciate your prayers and your support.

I'd also like to thank those in Bellshill Band and Peterborough corps who offered their support during the weekend, I was much appreciated.

Thank you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment