Hope you enjoy reading my blog.
I'd love to hear what you think so please leave comments.
Please subscribe to my RSS feed to stay up to date with my blog.


Tuesday 27 October 2009

Knowing God

I read somewhere yesterday about someone who had bought a new bumper sticker for their car. It read...

Short and concise, but it really hits the mark doesn't it?

We must truly know God, and believe in Him, to have the assurance that when our life on earth is over, we will go to heaven.

How do get to know God, to really know Him enough that we can call Him our friend?
Here are just a few ways:

  • Read and study the bible
  • Pray to God
  • Believe in the resurrection of Jesus
  • Read the Ten Commandments - they describe how God's expects us to behave
  • Our conscience - God has given us the ability to understand the difference between what is right and what is wrong
  • Look around you - God made this earth, He made you and me, made the flower, the trees, the sky, the oceans, He made everything
By knowing God we can have true peace and eternal life. Come to God today and begin your adventure of finding out more and more about Him every day. You can know and enjoy your friendship with God forever.

John 14:27 (NIV)
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

The New York Staff Band of the Salvation Army sing Knowing You


The New York Staff Band website is: http://www.nysb.org/SalvationArmyNewYorkStaffBand.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment