Hope you enjoy reading my blog.
I'd love to hear what you think so please leave comments.
Please subscribe to my RSS feed to stay up to date with my blog.


Saturday 24 October 2009

Forgive Me

"Be good" - how many times to we say that to our children or hear others saying that to their children?

Put those words into a different scenario...God telling you to "Be good". God wants us to be like Jesus and that means we must be good and we must do good.

Do you consider yourself to be a "good" person?

If you've answered "yes" to that question, I'd urge you to reconsider your answer! Even if we are nice, law abiding people who do our best in all we do, we are not good enough to get into heaven unless we ask God to forgive us of all our sins.

Jesus said, "I assure you, unless you turn from your sins and become as little children, you will never get into the Kingdom of Heaven." (Matthew 18:3). Once we are willing to change our ways, Jesus said a childlike trust and humility will help us become great people on earth and wonderful citizens of heaven.

Don't think you're good enough, or too good to have to ask God to forgive you. It's easy, just ask God to forgive you, He is waiting and willing you to do so.




Forgive Me
Written by Scott Dyer and Rebecca St. James
For all the times I’ve failed You, Lord
Forgive me
For all the ways I’ve fallen short
Lord, forgive me now
God, I’m so in need of grace
I fall upon my face
Forgive me

You see the tears fall down my face
Forgive me
Take my fear, Lord, take my shame
Lord, forgive me now
Purify me, make me new
Like only You can do
Forgive me now

Lord, we come to honor You
We are forgiven
We bring our love and thanks to You
We are forgiven now

God we praise You for Your grace
Before You we are raised
Forgiven
God we praise You for Your grace
Before You we are raised
Forgiven
Forgiven

No comments:

Post a Comment