Hope you enjoy reading my blog.
I'd love to hear what you think so please leave comments.
Please subscribe to my RSS feed to stay up to date with my blog.


Sunday 26 July 2009

Never Again

We all do things which we later regret and go on to say "we'll never to that again!". Have you then found yourself doing that same thing again another time, despite having promised not to do it? I know I have.

We often make promises which we don't keep, however God has made many promises but keeps them all. When God says "Never again", he really does mean never again.



When we experience God's faithfulness, it helps us to trust him more. Life's experiences help us to look back and see that God's promises and judgements have come true.

After a cataclysmic event in your life, it helps to reestablish your devotional life. I certainly found during the last few years when health issues seemed to take over my life that is is more important than ever to listen for God's "never again" and start looking for His rainbows. Spend time reading the promises of God in the bible - I found highlighting them was helpful to me, as it made it easier to refer back to them later for reassurance.



But what exactly can we be sure about?

God promises that sin need never again control us (Romans 8:9-11).


He promises that we need not be afraid ever again (John 14:27).
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

He promises that his peace will guard our hearts and minds (Phil 4:7).
And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

He promises that we need never be ignorant of his will for his word will be a "lamp" and a "light" to our path (Ps 119:105).

He promises that we need never again be defeated Christians (Rom 8:37).

As we read our bibles, God's rainbows colour our perspectives.
Be encouraged! God's promises never fail.


No comments:

Post a Comment