Hope you enjoy reading my blog.
I'd love to hear what you think so please leave comments.
Please subscribe to my RSS feed to stay up to date with my blog.


Sunday 12 July 2009

Past Times

Yesterday, I met up with a good friend of mine that I went to university with, but who now lives in England. As usual we spent the afternoon shopping...mostly window shopping but we did make a few purchases! We then enjoyed a lovely meal together, during which we had a good old natter about the things that are currently going on in our lives, as well as reminiscing about our university days!


The scary thing about all this was that we realised that this time 20 years ago we were just graduating from university. Now that is scary! Where have these last 20 years gone? In some ways my uni days seem like yesterday and in others they seem a lifetime ago. We reminisced about some of the things that happened while we were at uni, as well as some of more forgettable things we did! But generally they were good days, when we had no great responsibilities and our whole life ahead of us.


So 20 years on, am I still the same person? Of course I am, but so much has happened over the last 20 years, some good, some not so good, but these are the life experiences that have moulded me into the person I am today.

As far as my Christian journey is concerned, I have to say I feel far more secure in my journey now that I did 20 years ago. So much of what's happened over the years has made me a stronger person and reinforced my belief in Christ - Many of the difficult times in my life have shown me that without God by my side I would not have got through these difficult times.


How about you, how has your relationship with God developed over the past 20 years?

Has it developed, or is your relationship with God no different than it was 20 years ago?

I thank God for staying by my side over these last 20 years, through some very happy times as well as some very very dark times. My faith would not be what is is today without God putting me through all these life experiences, so I thank God for keeping me faithful to Him.

I pray that whether you are at the start of your Christian journey or have been on your journey for many years, that your relationship with God will continue to grow every day.

The following song from The Lion King is not the best recording, but please listen to words, as they remind us that God IS the Giver of Life!



No comments:

Post a Comment