Hope you enjoy reading my blog.
I'd love to hear what you think so please leave comments.
Please subscribe to my RSS feed to stay up to date with my blog.


Wednesday 5 August 2009

Crisis

Following on from my post yesterday regarding your daily prayer routine (http://thedistinctdot.blogspot.com/2009/08/daily-routine.html), I want to talk about "crisis prayer" today.

Do you know what a "crisis prayer" is? It is often one we make when we are at rock bottom, when we are desperate and feel we have nowhere else to turn.


The prayers we utter at a time of crisis are just as legitimate as any other prayer, and they can often bring fantastic results. However, we should not pray only when we are in crisis. In other words, our crisis prayers should be bourne out of our regular prayer life.


Nehemiah 2:4-5 (New Living Translation)
The king asked, "Well how can I help you?". With a prayer to the God of heaven, I replied".

To be able to pray in a crisis, we must be in the habit of talking to God even when there's no crisis.

God alone will help us whenever we instinctively turn to Him, so make praying to God your routine, not just a reaction during a crisis.

No comments:

Post a Comment