Hope you enjoy reading my blog.
I'd love to hear what you think so please leave comments.
Please subscribe to my RSS feed to stay up to date with my blog.


Wednesday 19 August 2009

Prayer Instructions

One thing that often discourages people from praying is their fear of doing it wrong.

So here are some basic instructions that someone passed to me a number of years ago, about how to pray:

  • First, we must come in faith, believing that there is a God who will hear us and reward us (Hebrews 11:6)

  • We must must willingly let God examine our hearts (Psalms 139:23-24), confess our sins (1 John 1:9), and then repent (Acts 3:19).

  • Even when we feel our faith is small, we can still pray (Matthew 17:20).

  • Do we have any relationships that need to be mended. If so, we should try to mend them (Matthew 5:23-24)

  • Ask yourself, "would the answer to this prayer honour Jesus' name, or extend the work of God's kingdom?"

If your prayers don't currently follow these instructions, don't worry it doesn't mean God hasn't been listening to your prayers. Try to pray regularly, and try to keep the things I've mentioned in mind when you pray.


If you open your heart to God and let Him in, there is no limit to what He can do in your life.



Somebody's praying for me...to those of you who have been praying for me, and continuing to do so, a very big thank you from me.

Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment