Hope you enjoy reading my blog.
I'd love to hear what you think so please leave comments.
Please subscribe to my RSS feed to stay up to date with my blog.


Friday 14 August 2009

Do I Pray A Lot?

Last night on Facebook I found a comment had been left for which simply said..."u sure do pray alot? what u pray 4?".

Well that got me thinking (don't worry I didn't overdo it!), do I really pray a lot? Well no, I don't think I do, but then who am I comparing myself with? Jesus?

Have you thought about how much you pray? If not, take a few minutes to think about how much time you spend in prayer each day.


I try to allocate specific times each day when I pray and do try to stick to that if I possibly can. That however does not mean that I don't pray at other times during the day, if/when the need arises.

So I've considered whether I pray a lot and answered that one so now, what do I pray about?

I pray for a wide variety of things. Here's a general list of just a few of the things I pray about/for...N.B. I don't necessarily pray for all of these things every time I pray!

  • friends and family
  • friends/family who have no found God
  • people/situations others ask me to pray for
  • church (my own as well as the the global church)
  • local events/situations
  • world events/situations
  • me! - that God will help me to be more like Jesus

So that's just some of the things I pray for on a regular basis - I know these are very general topics, however this would be a very very long blog if I gave you more specific about my prayers.

What do you pray about? Do you believe God will answer your prayers? I believe God will answer my prayers. He often doesn't answers them in ways I'd expect or want, but He answers them in the way He knows is best for the people or situations involved.

So that's the questions I was asked answered, so I'd like to just take this opportunity to remind you to...

Believe in prayer, pray often, God will answer your prayer!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the phrase 'Prayer is thinking with God'.

Post a Comment