Hope you enjoy reading my blog.
I'd love to hear what you think so please leave comments.
Please subscribe to my RSS feed to stay up to date with my blog.


Thursday 13 August 2009

Don't Give Up On Prayer

Following on from my previous post "Praying When It's Difficult", I want to share some of my own experience of how difficult it can be to pray at times.

It's funny how for some people, the only time they turn to prayer is when things aren't going well for them. Then there's those of us who pray regularly and when we find ourselves facing difficult times, we find it hard to pray. I find quite ironic!

Over the last few years when I've faced some difficult times, I have at many times found it impossible to pray - not because I no longer believed God would help me, but simply because I couldn't find the words I wanted to say.

The one thing that kept me going through all this was the knowledge that God was still with me, and knew what was in my heart, He knew my thoughts and my feelings. How amazing is that!


Although I would have preferred not to have faced those times, I truly believe that without them, I would not be the person I am today. God has reinforced to me, just how much he can do for you and for me, if only we trust Him.

So no matter how difficult a time you're having, trust God, and try to pray - he'll hear the prayer in your heart even if you can't find the words.





Checkout the Casting Crowns website: http://www.castingcrowns.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment