Hope you enjoy reading my blog.
I'd love to hear what you think so please leave comments.
Please subscribe to my RSS feed to stay up to date with my blog.


Tuesday 2 June 2009

Broken

My poor car is broken. It went into the garage today for an MOT and a service and it failed it's MOT! :-( Not only did it fail but it needs a new part which they didn't have in store so have no car tonight, as I had to leave it at the garage to they can fix it tomorrow when the part comes in.


Not looking forward to the bill tomorrow when I collect the car, but at least I'll have a working car again!

I've heard it said many times before, and it's so very true...car are great when they're working and a pain when they're not!

As I said, my car was in for an MOT and a service today - for those not in the UK, the MOT needs to be done yearly and for my car the service is ever 2 years.

How often is your car scheduled to be serviced?

All this got me thinking today (always a bad sign!), we service our cars regularly and I'm sure there are other things round your house or office that get serviced on a regular basis, but do we service our relationship with God? Should we?

I'm sure you have your own opinion on what the correct answer is to these questions, but let me share my thoughts with you...

We spend a lot of time, and money, servicing our assets, but to God what is his most important asset...US! I for one find I can slip easily into a rut as far as my relationship with God is concerned. i.e. I can find myself going through the motions doing the same things I've been doing for a while without really considering whether it's still what God wants me to do, or whether I'm actually still doing it for the right reasons.

For these reasons, I feel it is important to "service" our relationship with God on a regular basis. Take a step back and actually just let God talk to you, instead of what I find can happen, I talk to God about my fears, my stresses, my worries and all the other things I'd like him to help with, and not give God a chance to talk to me and direct me where he now wants me to be.

So try and make sure you regularly "service" your relationship with God, listen to him as well as talking to him. Don't wait until you are broken or your relationship with God is broken before you "service" your relationship with God.


Here's a song by Steven Curtis Chapman entitled Broken that talks about how we are all broken and need a saviour and ends with the triumphant words that we have a saviour, that we have Jesus!

Hallelujah!



And finally...
for those of you whose have a car that is due an MOT and/or service soon, I hope no problems are found with your car and it sails through the MOT/service without any additional expense.

1 comment:

caldjr said...

thanks again for your timely words Dot. It is so true how we so often come to God with our 'shopping list' of prayer requests and yeah, as you say, forget to actually hear from God himself.
My car is due a service and I know its going to need a repair. How is it that I can recognise car problems, but not problems with myself? hmmm - more food for thought!
thanks again Dot - you're a real blessing

Post a Comment