Hope you enjoy reading my blog.
I'd love to hear what you think so please leave comments.
Please subscribe to my RSS feed to stay up to date with my blog.


Friday 26 June 2009

Life...and Death

In the last couple of days the news headlines have been dominated by the deaths of two celebrities. First of all yesterday it was the Charlie's Angels star Farrah Fawcett and then of course last last night the news that music legend Michael Jackson had died, started to come through on the news and has subsequently dominated tv and radio stations for much of today.



Before I go any further I want to say at that I do not intend to say anymore about either of these celebrities in this blog, as there are there are countless other sites that contain information about these people lives, so if you're looking for information about them, this is not the site you want.

So onto what I do want to talk about...


Throughout the world this week, there are many people who have suffered bereavements. In fact, I personally know of a number of people who have been bereaved in this last week.

Death is one of life's certainties - we all know we will die at some time, some sooner that others. Even so, although we know death will come to us all, it does not make it any easier for family and friends to cope when their relative or friend passes away.



Many tears are often shed when someone dies. Tears of sadness that they will never see their loved one again, and sometimes even tears of happiness when they reminisce about past times spent with their loved one.

John 3:16
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth on him should not perish, but have eternal life

Well known words, but words which mean the world to Christians worldwide - if we believe in God, we can live forever simply because God loves us, every single one of us, so much that he let his son die on a cross at Calvary. Wow! How amazing and wonderful is that!?

Death is not the end, it is simply the beginning of eternal life with God. For that we must rejoice. When our friends/love ones pass away, try to remember that they are at peace, their struggles on earth are at at end and they are now at rest with our heavenly Father.

Here is Michael W Smith's great song called Live Forever. Hope you enjoy it!


Please pray today for those who have suffered bereavements in this last week. I'd ask you to pray particularly for their family and friends - that they may understand and accept that their loved one/friend is now at peace, and is peace in God's presence.

Finally I'd like to leave some other well known words of scripture with you - but maybe a slightly different version from you're used to hearing

Psalm 23 (Contemporary English Version)
You, LORD, are my shepherd.
I will never be in need.
You let me rest in fields of green grass.
You lead me to streams of peaceful water, and you refresh my life.
You are true to your name, and you lead me along the right paths.
I may walk through valleys as dark as death, but I won't be afraid.
You are with me, and your shepherd's rod [a] makes me feel safe.
You treat me to a feast, while my enemies watch.
You honor me as your guest, and you fill my cup until it overflows.
Your kindness and love will always be with me each day of my life, and I will live forever in your house, LORD

No comments:

Post a Comment