Hope you enjoy reading my blog.
I'd love to hear what you think so please leave comments.
Please subscribe to my RSS feed to stay up to date with my blog.


Friday 12 June 2009

Firemen!

Today at work, I had to attend a meeting at Strathclyde Fire & Rescue Headquarters! As soon as the other females in my office found out I'd been asked to go to a meeting with firemen, they suddenly all wanted to come to the meeting too...I can't think why! :-)

The meeting was all about promoting fire safety visits for households in the North Lanarkshire and highlighting to to residential the profile of those most at risk. These are obviously a very important issues which will hopefully help save lives.


Do you know what responsibilities the fire and rescue service provide?

Some of the responsibilities of Strathclyde Fire & Rescue are fire prevention, fire safety and education, fire investigation, road safety, water rescue and of course...fire fighting!


So many lives are torn apart by fire or road traffic accidents, we must support all those who put their live on the line on a daily basis to help those of us in trouble. Please pray for our fire service, they do an excellent job often in very difficult and distressing circumstances.

Please pray today for all who work for our Fire & Rescue service.

Please also pray for those whose life has been affected in some way by fire or a road accident.


Psalm 69:29
I am in pain and distress; may your salvation, O God, protect me.


You can get more info by visiting the Strathclyde Fire & Rescue website: http://www.strathclydefire.org/about/default.asp

No comments:

Post a Comment