Hope you enjoy reading my blog.
I'd love to hear what you think so please leave comments.
Please subscribe to my RSS feed to stay up to date with my blog.


Wednesday 10 June 2009

Diversion

What a journey home from work today!

It took me 1 hour and 40 minutes to do a journey that usually takes about 20 minutes. Not good. :(

As I went to join the motorway to head home, the police were out coning off the northbound slip road as there had been a serious accident so the motorway had been shut. So as I was already on the slip road by this time, I had to head onto the southbound motorway! i.e. the completely opposite direction from where I wanted to go!



So like many others I had to head down the southbound motorway to the next junction and try to get back up the other way. Unfortunately as they were taking everyone off the motorway northbound were I tried to join, the queue northbound was back to the next junction!

So having got off the motorway, further from home than I started, I took the back roads to get back to where I wanted to be...but so did many others, so while we were moving (unlike the northbound motorway) it was still slow going.

Although my journey home took much longer than anticipated, I am thankful I got home in one piece, as there were obviously some unfortunate folk who got caught up in the accident who weren't as lucky. I pray that there were no fatalities or serious injuries to those involved.


Like my journey tonight, we often get diverted in our Christian journey. We're tempted and distracted by worldly things which the Devil has put in our way to try to prevent us from doing God's work.


Proverbs 16:1,16:9, 16:33, 20:24 (NIV)
We make our own plans, but the Lord gives the right answer.

We can make our plans, but the Lord determines our steps.We may throw the dice, but the Lord determines how thy fall.


The Lord directs our steps, so why try to understand everything along the way?

Even when you go off track, God's still with you. Just turn around a see Him standing there, ready to lead you back onto the right track.

If you've found your life going away from God, I pray today that you will ask God for directions to turn you back towards Him again. Let God direct your life.

All the Way My Saviour Leads me by Chris Tomlin

No comments:

Post a Comment