Hope you enjoy reading my blog.
I'd love to hear what you think so please leave comments.
Please subscribe to my RSS feed to stay up to date with my blog.


Thursday 25 June 2009

Photograph

Have you accepted God into your life?
If so, can you remember when you found God, and where you were?


I must admit that I don't really remember where I was when as a youngster of about 6 I decided to follow Jesus - I think it was during the Sunday school one week, although I think I was coerced into "making" my decision, by the friend sitting beside me.

Having said that, I definitely do remember where and what I was doing when at the age of 17, I felt compelled to make a public commitment to follow/serve God - It was on Sunday morning in the old Salvation Army hall at Rutherglen, before our Sunday morning service began...yes I did say before the meeting started! I'd been having a conversation with someone who was (and still is) a great support and encouragement to me, and it was during that time that I really felt God's presence and His will for my life.

I will never forget that particular morning. It's almost as if I've taken a photograph of that morning and stored it away in my personal photo album, in my mind.
Matthew 11:28

Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.



Don't deny letting God into your life just because you think now is not the right time. God does not care what time of the day or night it is, where you are, what you are doing or who you're with. God is with us every minute of every day so whenever that moment is right for you, take it. Memorise that moment, as it should a one of the most special moments in your life, so take a mental photo of it.

You can find another version of "Lord I Give You My Heart" on yesterday's blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment