Hope you enjoy reading my blog.
I'd love to hear what you think so please leave comments.
Please subscribe to my RSS feed to stay up to date with my blog.


Saturday 27 June 2009

Stand Up!



Do you stand up for God?


If you find yourself involved in a conversation or situation that goes against your Christian beliefs, do you say nothing or do you express your beliefs and stand up for God?


It can be very difficult to stand up for what we believe when we find ourselves in the midst of an unacceptable situations. However if you put your trust in God, He will give you the right words to say and will be there with you to help.


Don't think just because no one else has said anything they agree with what's being said or done. A while ago I found myself in the middle of a situation that I felt did not sit well with my Christian beliefs. I didn't know the people involved very well, but could not let myself be associated with what was happening, so I said a quick prayer and asked God to give me the strength and words to diffuse what for me was a very difficult situation. Without going into all the details, the outcome was that my comments were accepted, and the situation was defused (though whether some of the group continued their discussion elsewhere I never found out).


What you might be surprised to hear is that, after the group had dispersed, one of the other folk who had been present came over to me and indicated he had been very uncomfortable with the way the situation had been developing but did not have the strength to stand up for God as the others didn't know he was a Christian! I'm fairly sure none of the group had known I was a Christian prior to my intervention, however my thoughts during this had never been about me, they had been about what was hearing/witnessing.


Please have the courage to stand up for God, He will stand up and support you when you do.


Never stop being in awe of what God can do, if you do, you must remind yourself of God's amazing love for each one of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment