Hope you enjoy reading my blog.
I'd love to hear what you think so please leave comments.
Please subscribe to my RSS feed to stay up to date with my blog.


Sunday 7 June 2009

Spiritual Home

What kind of weekend have you had? Have you been busy or have you just been relaxing and chilling out?

Well I've had a busier weekend than I've had for a wee while, having been a 3 meeting at the Salvation Army - 1 at Bellshill and 2 at Rutherglen!

For those of you who have not been reading my blog here's a wee bit background - I attend the Salvation Army at Bellshill, but I was brought up at the corps in Rutherglen and transferred to the corps at Bellshill in 2002.

My cousin and his wife are the Salvation Army ministers (officers) at the corps in Keighley, and this weekend they came "home" with the Keighley Salvation Army Community Band, to lead the services at Rutherglen Salvation Army. As I don't see my cousins and their family very often, I went along to Rutherglen last night (Saturday) and this afternoon (Sunday).

Although I've been back at Rutherglen Salvation Army since I left, it was still strange being back there, particularly as I played in the Rutherglen band! It was just like old times, especially with a number of my family also being there.


There were several times during the two meetings I attended at Rutherglen when I must admit I felt a bit emotional, not just because my cousin was back home and leading the meeting, but because spiritually this was my home too. So much of my Christian learning and experiences happened at Rutherglen, it was where I committed my life to God and publicly declared my love and desire to serve Him all my life.

This weekend, I've found myself reflecting on past times, but also the present and the future. I realised for example that without the basis to my Christian faith that I gained while I grew up attending Rutherglen Salvation Army, I would not be the person I am today. While I am happy in my service at Bellshill Salvation Army, I will be forever thankful to those at Rutherglen who taught me all able God and influenced/inspired me to be who I am today. Some of these folk still attend Rutherglen Salvation Army, others are now with God in heaven, others no longer worship at Rutherglen.

1 Peter 2:2
Like newborn babies, crave pure spiritual milk, so that by it you may grow up in your salvation

So today, take a few minutes to think about those people who have had an influenced on your life (for the good of course!). If you are still in contact with them, thank them for the impact they've had on your life, after all they may not be aware of it! Say thank you to God too for these people as He is the one who is responsible for it all.

Have you influenced anyone or had an impact on their life?

With God's help and guidance each one of us is capable of making a difference in someones life.

I pray today God will help you to make a difference in someones life.

No comments:

Post a Comment