Hope you enjoy reading my blog.
I'd love to hear what you think so please leave comments.
Please subscribe to my RSS feed to stay up to date with my blog.


Wednesday 27 May 2009

DIY

DIY - What do you immediately think of when you see this acronym? As you all know it stands for Do It Yourself, but how many of you like doing DIY?

Well for us the majority of the DIY work is left to me, but I don't mind as I actually quite enjoy dabling with DIY though I am certainly not up for doing all DIY tasks, as I leave the complicated stuff to the professionals!

How many of you have self improvement guides for one task or another in your house? These days there are hundreds, probably thousands of self help guides available in our bookshops, from self-help to how to lay a carpet!

All that DIY talk aside, what is the one thing God directs us to do ourselves? Pray

So you've got self improvement books for DIY, and self-help guides, what about for your prayer life? The best book you can use to improve your prayer life is the Bible - God directs us in there many time, how and why he wants us to pray. In 2 Chronicles 7:14-15, God said:

Then if my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. My eyes will be open and my ears attentive to every prayer made in this place.

God promises to hear every prayer we utter. He will answer every prayer, though not necessarily in the way we would have wanted, but in the way he knows is best for us.

We must not get caught up in ourselves but instead remember that the only self help we need is from God, he alone can do all things. God can help us do so much more than we could ever do on our own.

Caught Up In Yourself (by Third Day)
Take a good look around you
And I’m sure that you are bound to
Think that all you have comes down to
You and what you’ve done
If you look far beyond this
There’s a life I hope you don’t miss
What has kept you from moving on
Is learning to let go

And there’s so much more
Than what you’re looking for

Caught up in yourself
Call it like it is
Well, you’re so good
But you’ll never be good enough

You think if you surrender
It’s the end, but just remember
Life is more than dying embers
Burning in your soul

And I know it’s true‘
Cause I am just like you

Thank God for mercy
Thank God for His grace
Thank God for everything you’ve got
Before it’s too late

And there’s so much more
Than what you’re looking for


No comments:

Post a Comment