Hope you enjoy reading my blog.
I'd love to hear what you think so please leave comments.
Please subscribe to my RSS feed to stay up to date with my blog.


Monday 11 May 2009

Get Ready

Joshua 3:5
Consecrate yourselves, for tomorrow the Lord will do amazing things among you.

There's that word "consecrate" which we hear so much of when we're at church, but what does it mean?

Well I looked up my Oxford dictionary and here's the definition I found:
verb 1 make or declare sacred. 2 ordain to a sacred office, typically that of bishop. 3 (in Christian belief) make (bread or wine) into the body and blood of Christ.

So God is directing us to declare our faith and let others know of that we believe in Christ. Only when we do that will God use us to do amazing things.




The above song was by Kutless and it's called "Ready For You":

Lord, You take my heart away with Your love
and I am willing to put on my faith in Your plan.

Come and take my life.
Make my soul refreshed in truth now.

I am ready for You.
Take my heart and make me new now.
I am ready for You
to come and fill my soul.

Cleanse all of my mind that is not of You.
Break me, teaching me how to find rest in Your hands.

Come and take my life.
Make my soul refreshed in truth now.

I am ready for You.
Take my heart and make me new now.
I am ready for You
to come and fill my soul.
To come and fill my soul.

Whatever it takes,
I'm needing to make Your will be done
and I'm letting go of my control,
for I see what You've done in me.

I am ready for You.
Take my heart and make me new now.
I am ready for You
to come and fill my soul.

Get ready for God!

You can checkout the Kutless website at http://www.kutless.com/

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I appreciate your post; this is so true. God has given his only son to pay for our sins so that we may come to his kingdom boldly as a child of God.

He values us greatly, or, he would not have allowed his son to suffer in our place. We have a purpose to serve in this world and that is to praise him and worship him. That is the reason why we were created by God.

When we dedicate our lives to him and submit to his direction; he guides us and blesses us. He connects us, one to another, so that we can keep each other lifted up, when life throws obstacles in our path; he helps us to keep each other accountable and serve him.

It is at that time that he sheds his mercy and his grace over us; protecting us from destruction.

Post a Comment