Hope you enjoy reading my blog.
I'd love to hear what you think so please leave comments.
Please subscribe to my RSS feed to stay up to date with my blog.


Monday 4 May 2009

Prayer

Philippians 4:6-7 (New Living Translation)
Don’t worry about anything: instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. If you do this, you will experience God’s peace, which is far more wonderful than the human mind can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.



The video which follows features a talented young man called Connor Deal singing the beautiful Rebecca St. James song "A Cradle Prayer". It's a beautiful song with special words, made all the more speacial as Connor Lee Deal died at the age of 12 on Feb 17 this year (2009).

Connor sang this solo as part of the Amarillo South Church Christmas production in December, 2007 when he was 11 years old. I know it's only May just now, but the music and words of this song are special too me, and Connor's performance touched me when I heard it earlier this week, so I make no appologies for featuring a nativity scene in May.



Connor will be missed by his friends and family. To find out more about Connor and his music, please visit www.CaringBridge.org/visit/connordeal.

A Cradle Prayer
(Music by Charles Garrett & Words by Rebecca St. James)

Jesus I love you my Lord my life
Where would I be without you
Here in the quiet, the still, the night
I am in awe of you

Trials may come and friends they may go
What really matters is you my Lord

Beautiful Savior my God, my friend
I am in awe of you
Lord I am in awe of you

Trials may come and friends they may go
What really matters is you my Lord

Jesus I love you my Lord my life
Where would I be without you
Here in the quiet, the still, the night
I am in awe of you

Why would you, Creator and King
Come as a baby for all, for me

Beautiful Savior, my God, my friend
I am in awe of you
I am in awe of you

1 comment:

caldjr said...

thanks so much for sharing that Dot. That is beautiful. Blessings

Post a Comment