Hope you enjoy reading my blog.
I'd love to hear what you think so please leave comments.
Please subscribe to my RSS feed to stay up to date with my blog.


Monday 18 May 2009

Heal the Wound

How many scars do you have from falls/accidents you've had during your lifetime? I think most of us have at least one scar somewhere on our body.

Scars remind us of past deeds/actions that have caused us physical pain. I'm sure for each scar you have, you are can remember exactly how you got it. Are your scars visible? Visible scars remind others of our past pain while hidden scars are there only to remind us.

But scars can be mental/emotional as well as physical. The difference being that our emotional scars are usually much harder for others to see. How do you feel when you aren't in control of your emotions or when you've been deeply hurt or upset? If you're anything like me you will do everything you can to stop others from seeing your emotional scars. I find it very difficult to show others my emotions, and therefore feel embarassed and scared when my emotions take over and I find myself in tears.

All our physical and emotional scars have happened for a reason, God's reason. We may not know why God let us suffer so badly, but He wouldn't have put us in that situation if He hadn't thought we could handle it, with His help of course!


Every event we experience during our lives, helps make us into the kind of person we are today. We may have suffered a loss of faith, said or done things which have ended long standing relationships or been deeply hurt by the words or actions of others, all of which may have had a lasting impact on our lifes, sometimes making us feel ashamed of what we've said/done.

Whatever our emotional and physical scars, God knows about each of them, and has used them each to shape our lives. God knows us and is willing and ready to forgive us of all our sins, big or small, recent or long standing. He will lift our pain and shame from our shoulders and use it to make us stronger.

Let God heal your wounds.




Heal The Wound (by Point of Grace)

I used to wish that I could rewrite historyI used to dream that each mistake could be erased
Then I could just pretend
I never knew the me back then

I used to pray that You would take this shame awayHide all the evidence of who I've been
But it's the memory of
The place You brought me from
That keeps me on my knees
And even though I'm free

Heal the wound but leave the scar
A reminder of how merciful You are
I am broken, torn apart
Take the pieces of this heart
And heal the wound but leave the scar

I have not lived a life that boasts of anything
I don't take pride in what I bring
But I'll build an altar with
The rubble that You've found me in
And every stone will sing
Of what You can redeem

Heal the wound but leave the scar
A reminder of how merciful You are
I am broken, torn apart
Take the pieces of this heart
And heal the wound but leave the scar

Don't let me forget
Everything You've done for me
Don't let me forget
The beauty in the suffering

Heal the wound but leave the scar
A reminder of how merciful You are
I am broken, torn apart
Take the pieces of this heart
And heal the wound but leave the scar

No comments:

Post a Comment