Hope you enjoy reading my blog.
I'd love to hear what you think so please leave comments.
Please subscribe to my RSS feed to stay up to date with my blog.


Thursday 14 May 2009

Loving God

John 15:12
Jesus said "I command you to love each other in the same way that I love you".

God loves everyone, whether they know Him or better in Him or not. In the same way, God wants us to love everyone. But more specifically, He wants us to love everyone to the same extent as He wants us to love Him.

...but how do we do that?

We must demonstrate our love for God in everything we do - after all God demonstrates His love for us every day!


The challenge for each of us is that if love is a commandment from God, that means we have a choice - we can choose whether to love God or not!

So it's down to us:
  • Do what God wants us to do, follow His commandments and we show our love for Him and for others?

  • or Ignore God's commands and we tell Him we don't love Him?
...the choice is ours! After all Jesus said, "Anyone who doesn't love me will not do what I say" (John 14:24).

We show our love for God by obeying His commands.

It's not about how we feel, it's about what we actually do!
It's not about just a few of our actions, it's about all of them!

So we must show our love for everyone in all situations, not just in the situations where we feel comfortable.

John 14:21
Jesus said, "Those who obey my commandments are the ones who love me".

Keep on loving!

No comments:

Post a Comment