Hope you enjoy reading my blog.
I'd love to hear what you think so please leave comments.
Please subscribe to my RSS feed to stay up to date with my blog.


Sunday 24 May 2009

Passionate About...

...my faith, of course!

However like many thousands around the country today, I was passionate about football too. Don't worry folks, the main point of this post is NOT football!

Today was the last day of both the Scottish Premier League (SPL) season and the English Premiership (PL) season. In the SPL the title was up for grabs while in the PL the big issue was the fight to avoid relegation and in both leagues European places were still to be decided. With so much at stake for all clubs involved in any of these battles, tensions were running high. Players and supports alike showed great passion for their teams in their bid to help them get the required results.

How about you :

  • What are you passionate about?
  • Are you passionate about your faith?
  • Are you passionate about God?

God wants us to be more passionate about Him, about your faith, about Jesus, than you are about anything else. Are you? If you are not, ask God to help you become more passionate in your faith, in Him.

The song "Passion" by Kutless expresses how passionate God is about us, every single one of us, and explains why we should be just as passionate about Him:

Within my mind's eye
Flickering from the past
Come images that terrify and calm
A paradox in me

Nail pierced hands they run with blood
A splitting brow forced by the thorns
His face is writhing with the pain yet it's comforting to me

He chose to give it all
Jesus endured the pain
Paying a debt I owed and created a paradox in me

Nail pierced hands they run with blood
A splitting brow forced by the thorns
His face is writhing with the pain yet it's comforting to me

And in my heart I know that you're the only one
Who could of came and died, a sacrifice
As your God's only son

Nail pierced hands they run with blood
A splitting brow forced by the thorns
His face is writhing with the pain yet it's comforting to me


You can find out more details about Kutless on their official site: http://www.kutless.com/

You can find out more details about the film "The Passion" that the clips in the above video are from, at it's official site:
http://www.thepassionofthechrist.com/splash.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment