Hope you enjoy reading my blog.
I'd love to hear what you think so please leave comments.
Please subscribe to my RSS feed to stay up to date with my blog.


Tuesday 19 May 2009

Here I Am (Part 1)

Have you ever felt clumsy with words? I'm sure we all have at some time or another.

Do you only feel clumsy with words when you are trying to talk to someone about the Lord? That's me again, and I'm sure I'm not the only one! I can tell you right now, a lot of what I've said in my blog I would never have felt confident enough to share in person with anyone. I thank God for directing me to blogging, as it really has given me a way of sharing my experiences, faith and belief with you which I'd never have managed otherwise. Thank you God!


In the bible, Moses suffered from lack of confidence with his words:

Exodus 4:10
But Moses pleaded with the Lord, "O lord, I'm just not a good speaker. I never have been, and I'm not now, even after you have spokento me. I'm clumsy with words."


It is only natural that we feel inadequate and inexperienced when we have to speak to others about God, but that's just because we all find it very easy to come up with excuses and reasons why we can't do it! We are all guilty of forgetting that God would not ask us to do something which He did not feel we were capable of doing.

God pointed out to Moses that he was the the one who made our mouths and therefore was the one who tells us what to say:

Exodus 4:11-12
"Who makes mouths?" the Lord asked him. "Who makes people so they can speak or not speak, hear or not hear, see or not see? Is it not I, the Lord. Now go, and do as I have told you. I will help you speak well, and I will tell you waht to say."


We get our confidence to speak to others about the Lord, by being obedient to God and saying whatever it is He is telling us to say.

So when you are feeling tongue-tied and clumsy with words like Moses, don't make excuses to God, just be obedient to God. God will do the rest.

Just say to God "Here I Am"!

No comments:

Post a Comment