Hope you enjoy reading my blog.
I'd love to hear what you think so please leave comments.
Please subscribe to my RSS feed to stay up to date with my blog.


Sunday 3 May 2009

An Emotional Day

I had my post for today all planned out yesterday, but given my day today I've felt led to share something different with you today.

This morning I attended our morning worship (at Bellshill Salvation Army) feeling quite together and looking forward to the service. What I did not expect was to find myself in emotional turmoil within a few minutes of the meeting starting.

It all started with the song our Singing Company (junior choir) sang - there was only seven of them this morning but they sang so beautifully. I just about pulled myself together by the end of the prayer which followed the Singing Company, only to find the Songsters (our senior choir) were singing a song which always touches me..."Written In Red".

Before I go any further I should point out at to me falling apart in public, is my worst nightmare! So imagine how I felt when before they even reached the first chorus, the tears were streaming down my face! I was so uncomfortable that I ended up having to go out of our service for a wee while to compose myself again - I find it very uncomfortable when others can see I'm upset.

I've included the first version I ever heard of this song which was by the International Staff Songsters of the Salvation Army.



Just to round things off for me, when I got into my car to go home, after the meeting, the first song that came on from the CD I was playing in the car, was "His Strength Is Perfect" which just reminded again that "His strength is perfect when our strength is gone. He'll carry us when we can't carry on. Raised in his power the weak becomes strong. His strength is perfect".



The words of this song, were just the reminder I needed!

My day has continued to be an emotional one, but I continue to be reminded that God is my strength today, and in the coming days.

2 comments:

caldjr said...

Sounds to me like God is reminding you that He is your strength especially as you get back to some kind of normality after your ill health. I'm sure you knew that anyway, but God knows us best and obviously wanted you to be reminded of that today. Praying for you friend

Lynne Lee said...

Sounds to me like you're in a good place, tender hearted and open to whatever Father God is working in you right now.

"You are my hiding place, you always fill my heart with songs of deliverance, whenever I am afrid I will trust in you. Let the weak say I am strong in the strength of the Lord"

Sounds like it's time for big doses of Psalm 91...

With love

Lynne
http://www.christianlifecoaching.co.uk

Post a Comment